The Retail Coordinator responsibilities include the overall day-to-day retail operations of the branch. This includes assuring the branch operates within all policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Directors. Position responsibilities include scheduling, supervising and providing work direction to Customer Service Representatives (CSRs). It is important that bankers provide the best customer experience in retail products and services. Customers expect professionalism, accurate information as well as courteous, efficient service.
The Retail Coordinator is a working supervisor who is responsible for performing customer service functions, including handling any complex customer concerns.
Additionally, this person will make certain that retail staff are trained to provide customers with information about other bank products and services, with cross-sales and referrals to other departments. The Retail Coordinator will support and be involved in the sales promotions and helping obtain new customers and deepen the relationships with existing customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of policies, manuals and supporting documentation to accomplish tasks/duties inherent in this position and those it supervises. Disseminate new/revised policies and procedures relative to retail operations to staff.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulatory and compliance issues related to the bank. Includes ability to work with the Compliance Department to ensure that procedures and policies are in accordance with such regulations. Demonstration of application of regulations in day-to-day operations and dissemination of information to co-workers.
- Tracks performance indicators for the branch. This can include new accounts, penetration of electronic services and the like.
- Schedule branch meetings for the purpose of discussing branch and bank activity.
- Supports the branch by providing retail services for customers. As a working supervisor, this position will directly support customers with their retail banking and consumer lending needs.
- Receive customer inquiries regarding account information or problems. Responsible to make sure customer inquiries are handled promptly and by the proper individual. Exercise discretion and judgment in handling customer problems and complaints. Approve checks and other transactions according to bank policies.
- Ensure that customer service procedures are being followed by all Customer Service Representatives to the highest standard consistently and that Customer Service Representatives are trained and held accountable for these expectations.
- Understands the importance of electronic delivery. Fully understands, utilizes, encourages and sells these products.
- Must have competency using the online and mobile banking products and have the ability to trouble shoot common questions and concerns.
- Responsible to manage Customer Service Representatives for the branch. Will conduct staff performance reviews.
- Assure that scheduling is appropriate, ensuring that there is appropriate staff to cover peak customer traffic periods.
- Assist in the development and conduct periodic training that covers security, regulatory compliance and other operational issues as necessary.
- Support the overall sales effort. Direct sales goals may be established by management for such items as debit cards, direct deposit, automated banking, or referrals for other bank products.
- Assist with individual sales goals.
- Participate as part of various retail product campaigns the bank initiates.
- Will have the knowledge of the bank’s products and services and be able to refer customers to appropriate departments within the bank for service. Will conduct role play exercises with Customer Service Representatives in sales meetings.
- As part of the overall team of bank employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities.
- Active involvement in the community.
- Perform other duties as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Follow procedures and policies that ensure compliance with not only Bank policies and procedures, but also all applicable federal and state banking regulatory agency policies.
- Comply with bank standards for attendance and hours of work.
Four-year degree or significant related business experience and 3-5 years Teller/CSR experience; preference for previous supervisory experience. Must be able to work under stress and handle difficult situations. This job requires skills needed in a typical office environment. This includes Microsoft Word and Excel skills, communications skills, as well as utilization of office equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to adjust quickly to different work situations; remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations.
Attention to Detail:
- Regard for important details to assure accuracy in every transaction performed; detect errors; follow through on corrections and details.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and/or problems and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Respond sensitively to the needs and priorities of the customer; recognize and take appropriate action to meet their needs; establish an effective working relationship with customers to gain their respect and loyalty.
- Must be able to manage staff. This will include employee selection, training, motivation, and monitoring performance against established standards.
- Must be able to manage his/her own work and priorities and delegate to support staff as appropriate.
- Possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Those include the understanding of the relationships of numbers and how to perform calculations for teller work.
- The ability to express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in written form to a variety of audiences and to all levels of staff.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and implement regulations and laws, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The potential to understand and effectively apply selling techniques to open, develop and close a sale; must be able to create interest in a product and actively cross-sell other products and services.
- Must understand the concepts of negotiating as it pertains to selling financial service products. Must be able to develop a “win-win” approach to problem solving with customers while keeping the bank’s best interest in mind.
- Must be comfortable using bank products specifically the online and mobile banking. Must be able to assist customer with common questions.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time to complete work according to established deadlines. The ability to prioritize tasks to make the best use of time for high priority tasks.
- Must view oneself as part of an overall team. This includes supporting others throughout the entire bank to achieve the overall goals of the bank.
Valid driver’s license required for travel to Bank offices, training sessions, customer meetings, Bank and community meetings, etc. Ability to speak a foreign language helpful but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Must be willing to work in excess of 40 hours per week and on some weekends as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Time Federal Savings Bank
When you think of Time Federal Savings Bank, we hope you also think about the communities we serve. The individuals, families and businesses we’ve helped over the decades are what inspire us to provide the best service every day. While there have been many advances in banking products and technology since we opened our doors in 1934, one thing will never change: our commitment to doing our best for you.
Company Website: www.timefederalsavings.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)