The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for the origination of mortgage loans as well as conducting loan closings, ensure the accuracy of his/her files while following regulatory compliance standards. Is responsible for developing new business by building and maintaining relationships with real estate agents, builders/contractors, centers of influence, and other organizations in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be knowledgeable of Time Federal’s residential lending process from origination to closing
- Be knowledgeable of various loan types and programs available to borrowers
- Understand banking regulations
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications.
- Work with loan origination software to input customer information.
- Understand the loan process and paperwork involved
- Understand and promote bank lending and deposit services
- Meet individual sales goals as well as assist with bank and branch goals
- Review and update loan files
- Compute payment and amortization schedules
- Be active in the community by joining clubs or assisting organizations
- Participate in special projects or assignments as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Follow procedures and policies that ensure compliance with not only Bank policies and procedures, but also all applicable federal and state banking regulatory agency policies.
- Comply with bank standards for attendance and hours of work.
Four-year degree or significant related business experience. This job requires skills needed in a typical office environment. This includes Microsoft Word and Excel skills, communications skills, as well as utilization of office equipment.
The Secure and Fair Enforcement (S.A.F.E.) Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and privacy. Employees are required to observe the strictest confidentiality in regard to any customer or bank information they become privilege to during their employment and to maintain this confidentiality after their employment ceases.
- Excellent problem-prevention and problem-solving skills; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both orally and written.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail, well organized, and ability to prioritize
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time to complete work according to established deadlines. The ability to prioritize tasks to make the best use of time for high priority tasks.
- Proficient computer skills: programs including, but not limited to MS Office, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valid driver’s license required for travel to Bank offices, training sessions, customer meetings, Bank and community meetings, etc. Ability to speak a foreign language helpful but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Must be willing to work in excess of 40 hours per week and on some weekends as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Prevail Bank is looking for dedicated individuals with the right skill set to continue to serve our customers and provide the best banking services possible. Our vision is to demonstrate our integrity and commitment to our customers and communities by providing quality products, services, technology and financial education. Our mission is to be an exceptional financial service resource for our customers, banking team and community by doing the right thing, taking ownership in finding solutions for our customers.
Browse our current job openings to see if we’re a match for you!
Company Website: www.prevail.bank
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)