Loan Processors are responsible for assisting all bank loan officers in performing loan preparation, review, documentation, coordinating the loan closing in a timely manner, and ensuring all documents are signed properly, disbursing the loan and booking it into core system. The Loan Processors will prepare and review all documents to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures for loan products before lender review.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check e-Oscar for pending items.
- Review items in virtual loan file, put documents in order and rename items
- Run compliance/PredProtect
- Review loan applications and disclosures for accuracy
- Collect income/asset documentation if necessary
- Credit report
- Timing and delivery dates
- Lender notes and verify entries in Mortgage Cadence
- Conditions for commitment
- Verify income using Mortgage Cadence system
- Submit additional items to virtual loan file
- Order flood, appraisal, and title ins/letter reports
- Input information and verify information in Mortgage Cadence.
- Submit file to underwriter
- Review/clear new conditions if added by underwriter
- Request and review hazard insurance and flood insurance if necessary
- Review Mortgage Insurance request and certificate, send additional documentation to Mortgage Insurance if necessary
- Prepare commitment letter and credit score notices
- Prepare revised disclosures when necessary
- Communicate with applicants/customers when needed.
- Review title commitment, taxes, and insurance information
- Verify timing requirements against closing date
- Order payoffs
- Order wires for refinance loans and check if there is an ACH/Internal payment on file that needs to be canceled.
- Prepare and provide closing disclosure and revisions as necessary
- Collaborate with title company on purchase closing
- Prepare and review final documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Verify closing documents were signed properly
- Verify any conditions at closing were met
- Review virtual loan file for correct and signed documents
- Write up loan to be booked, book and fund loan on core system
- Risk Code Loans
- Prepare disbursement sheet, complete payouts and payoffs as part of loan disbursement
- Complete HMDA dates in software
- Send mortgage rates to Realtors and Leader Telegram weekly. If rate changes send to Realtors and Loan Officers.
Minimum two year degree in business related field. Two/three years of bank loan processing or title experience preferred. Previous financial institution customer service experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and privacy. Employees are required to observe the strictest confidentiality in regard to any customer or bank information they become privilege to during their employment and to maintain this confidentiality after their employment ceases.
- Excellent problem-prevention and problem-solving skills; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both orally and written.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail, well organized, and ability to prioritize
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time to complete work according to established deadlines. The ability to prioritize tasks to make the best use of time for high priority tasks.
- Proficient computer skills: programs including, but not limited to MS Office, MS Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Time Federal Savings Bank
When you think of Time Federal Savings Bank, we hope you also think about the communities we serve. The individuals, families and businesses we’ve helped over the decades are what inspire us to provide the best service every day. While there have been many advances in banking products and technology since we opened our doors in 1934, one thing will never change: our commitment to doing our best for you.
Company Website: www.timefederalsavings.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)