Performs all duties associated with the Commercial Lender position in originating, underwriting and closing commercial loans in accordance with established lending objectives, policies and procedures. Establishes, maintains and maximizes relationships with existing and potential customers. Strives to achieve profitable loan growth, deposit growth, and fee income. Ensures that credit quality guidelines are met/ monitored.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a portfolio of existing customers and maximizes relationships based on customer needs. Gathers and oversees compilation of all needed information for loan applications. Works in tandem with Credit Administration to request appraisals, applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to evaluation of loan applications. Corresponds with or interviews applicants or creditors to resolve questions and negotiate deal.
- Develops new business. Dedicates at least one day out of the office weekly for sales calls and a minimum of 4 hours a week coordinating and planning sales calls.
- Maximizes new and existing customer relationships by cross selling key deposit/fee income products/services as customer needs dictate.
- Facilitates negotiation with customers, both new and existing, according to established standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms. Refers and/or presents loans to loan committee for approval in excess of personal loan approval authority. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy. Assures timely loan closing and funding activities. Maintains updated loan documentation and loan files.
- Represents Bank in industry and professional associations, community organizations, local business groups, etc., and promotes Bank’s favorable image.
- Collects delinquent accounts in timely manner within Bank procedures/processes. Develops/negotiates revised loan repayment terms/schedules as necessary.
- Remains knowledgeable and abreast of guaranteed government loan programs and other conventional financing mechanisms as a vehicle for customers.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in the field of business, including specific courses in accounting, finance, and economics plus additional bank related training
- Formal credit training
- 5-7 years of experience in Commercial Banking or equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate well with customers and employees, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of lending regulations and policies
- Problem-solving abilities
- Business development/sales skills
- Deals professionally with all internal and external customers and assists customers in a courteous, efficient and professional manner
- Grow core branch deposits
- Meet call goals per measure set annually in bonus targets
Work is performed largely within the Bank, community, and at customer sites with limited chance for personal injury. Prolonged and frequent mental and visual concentration required. Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines. Work hours are generally during normal business hours. Unscheduled evening and weekend work will be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees. Occasional out-of-town and overnight business travel is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Time Federal Savings Bank
When you think of Time Federal Savings Bank, we hope you also think about the communities we serve. The individuals, families and businesses we’ve helped over the decades are what inspire us to provide the best service every day. While there have been many advances in banking products and technology since we opened our doors in 1934, one thing will never change: our commitment to doing our best for you.
Company Website: www.timefederalsavings.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)