The Customer Service Representative II responsibility is to help deepen customer relationships, attract additional customers and improve customer service.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with opening new deposits, selling additional products to customers and prospects and supporting the overall sales efforts of the bank.
This will include teller services as well as helping customers with problem resolution, maintenance changes and opening and closing safe deposit boxes.
This position will also be responsible for completing sales activities to help attract new customers. These duties will include originating letters to be sent to customers and prospects, soliciting banking relationships, developing prospect lists, and other tasks as requested by the Retail Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist walk-in customers with their new account needs. This will include checking, savings, certificates, and IRAs as a backup to CSR 3. Understand the various products the bank offers and is able to explain the value of those products to customers.
- Assist walk-in and phone customers with problems or service issues related to their account(s).
- Responsibilities will include sales, cross-selling and referring customers and prospects to bank accounts. Goals will be set for production in these areas.
- Assist with product promotions as the bank introduces various promotions throughout the year.
- As needed, will contact customers by phone to ask for account relationships.
- Perform paying and receiving functions for customers. This will include deposits, withdrawals, transfers. Additionally, the Customer Service Representative – 2 may sell cashier checks, money orders, gift cards, and help customers with additional related services.
- Understand and comply with the related laws and compliance regulations that pertain to teller duties. Examples include bank secrecy act, privacy, and funds availability policy.
- Provide a high level of customer service. This includes understanding customer needs, as well as understanding the bank products offered.
- Support customers with maintenance questions concerning their accounts. This will include address changes, check orders and the like.
- Understands the importance of electronic delivery. Fully understands, utilizes, encourages and sells these products.
- Must feel comfortable using the online and mobile banking products and the ability to trouble shoot common questions and concerns.
- Support the overall sales effort. Direct sales goals may be established by management for such items as debit cards, direct deposit, automated banking, or referrals for other bank products.
- Assist with individual sales goals.
- Participate as part of various retail product campaigns the bank initiates.
- Will be aware of overall bank product offering to be able to refer customers to appropriate departments within the bank for service.
- As part of the overall team of bank employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities.
- Active involvement in the community.
- Follow procedures and policies that ensure compliance with not only Bank policies and procedures, but also all applicable federal and state banking regulatory agency policies.
- Comply with bank standards for attendance and hours of work.
High School diploma or equivalent. Two-three years customer service, teller / CSR experience. This job requires skills needed in a typical office environment. This includes computer skills, communication skills, as well as utilization of office equipment. Must have the dexterity to count money.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to adjust quickly to different work situations; remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations.
Attention to Detail:
- Regard for important details to assure accuracy in every transaction performed; detect errors; follow through on corrections and details.
- Must embrace change and see change as opportunity. Must be willing to express and support management's ideas to affected staff.
- Respond sensitively to the needs and priorities of the customer; recognize and take appropriate action to meet their needs; establish an effective working relationship with customers to gain their respect and loyalty.
- The ability to express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in written form to a variety of audiences and to all levels of staff.
- Project a positive image of the bank to all internal and external customers.
- The potential to understand and effectively apply selling techniques to open, develop and close a sale; must be able to create interest in a product and actively cross-sell other products and services.
- An overall understanding of bank products. This includes online, mobile, and electronic delivery products.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time to complete work according to established deadlines. The ability to prioritize tasks to make the best use of time for high priority tasks.
- Must view oneself as part of an overall team. This includes supporting others throughout the entire bank to achieve the overall goals of the bank.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valid driver’s license required for travel to Bank offices, training sessions, customer meetings, Bank and community meetings, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Must be willing to work in excess of 40 hours per week and Saturdays as scheduled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Time Federal Savings Bank
When you think of Time Federal Savings Bank, we hope you also think about the communities we serve. The individuals, families and businesses we’ve helped over the decades are what inspire us to provide the best service every day. While there have been many advances in banking products and technology since we opened our doors in 1934, one thing will never change: our commitment to doing our best for you.
Company Website: www.timefederalsavings.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)